St. James Respects Life
The Pro-Life group organizes pro-life events for the parish. To join the St. James Pro-Life Group, click here. Members receive occasional emails from the group’s leader, Rich Hunter, on pro-life events and needs (you can unsubscribe at any time).
Questions? Please contact Rich Hunter at [email protected] or 571-423-6482 (call or text).
Weekly Prayer at Local Abortion Facility
Our group gathers every Saturday morning at 6:45am outside the abortion facility in our parish, at 900 S. Washington Street, to pray the rosary, led by a priest from St. James. This is when the facility typically opens for the day. Please join us in this peaceful way of fighting for life, honoring the infants who are killed, and doing penance for society’s toleration of abortion.
According to former Planned Parenthood worker Abby Johnson, the number of “no shows” jumps from 15-20% to as high as 75% when people are praying on the sidewalk.
Other Pro-Life Activities
The following are some of the events and activities that the Pro-Life Group organizes:
- Annual wreath sale (on the 1st Sunday of Advent) to support a local pregnancy resource center
- Bus trip to the March for Life commemorating the anniversary of Roe v Wade (In light of the pending Dobbs decision, dare we hope that the 2022’s march was the last? Please pray!) SEE PICTURES BELOW FROM MARCH FOR LIFE 2022.
- Parish participation in 40 Days for Life
- Annual Life Chain on the 1st Sunday in October (Respect Life Sunday)
- Advocacy for life-affirming legislation (see Virginia Catholic Conference for the latest efforts)
- Pro-Life Group Meetings (no regular schedule at this time; meetings are announced via the Pro-Life Group email list and the bulletin)