Below are links to additional information relating to the St. James PREP program.
- Contact PREP Office
- Weather Guidelines
- 2021-2022 calendars for English and Spanish programs
- Welcome Letter (English and Spanish)
- High School PREP (March – May)
St. James Parish Religious Education Programs (PREP) share in the mission of the Catholic Church in the following ways:
To promote worship of God in Spirit and Truth particularly through the celebration of the sacraments with particular emphasis on the Eucharist.
To create and nourish Christian Community in the family, in the life of the parish and in society as a whole.
To proclaim in word and deed the Good News of Jesus Christ to all persons, inviting those in our community to share our faith and our mission.
To teach the saving message of Christ so that all believers may come to a deeper understanding, conversion and personal witness to Christ.
To serve our brothers and sisters particularly the poor and needy by generous acts of charity while promoting issues of peace and justice.
As of September 21, 2021, the Parish Religious Education Program’s office hours are:
- Monday and Wednesday through Friday-9:30am – 12:00noon
- Tuesdays-2:30pm – 8:30pm
New families are invited to call the religious ed office x.104, to register.
Re-registration forms have been sent to current families. Please call the office if you have any questions.
For inclement weather, St. James PREP follows the City of Falls Church Public Schools.
High School Prep March-May 2022
All high school students are encouraged to come join the High School PREP classes on Tuesday evenings from 7:00pm-8:15pm. Students will enter through the PREP door #16 and go to the School library. The class will begin with “Apologetics: Why Believe?” through March. This program is a defense of the faith that responds to questions that believers and non-believers alike are asking today. It will give you ways to explain what you believe and why you believe it. We will use Sacred Scripture, Catholic Tradition, theology, philosophy, art, and literature throughout the series to enhance and enliven your experience.
Below is the schedule.
· 3/1: Apologetics: Why Believe? Why Believe? Volume 1 – FORMED
· 3/8: Apologetics: Why Believe? Why Believe? Volume 1 – FORMED
· 3/15: Apologetics: Why Believe? Why Believe? Volume 1 – FORMED
· 3/22: Apologetics: Why Believe? Why Believe? Volume 1 – FORMED
· 3/29, 4/5: No class, test week for FFX on the 29th and FC on the 5th (and spring break for FFX).
· 4/12, 4/19: No class, spring break FC, Easter holiday.
· 4/26: Catholics to Learn From: Venerable Jerome Lejeune: To the Least of These My Brothers & Sisters – Trailer – Venerable Jerome Lejeune: To the Least of These My Brothers & Sisters – FORMED
· 5/3: Catholics to Learn From: All That Remains: The Story of Takashi Nagai – FORMED (1st half)
· 5/10: Catholics to Learn From: All That Remains: The Story of Takashi Nagai – FORMED (2nd half)
· 5/17: Cancel-Culture and our Friends: Companions in Shipwreck – FORMED