Gift Card Donations
During Advent the Social Outreach Committee will be collecting gift cards to dispense to Catholic Charities (Emergency Assistance Program and Migration and Refugee Services) and persons in Homeless Shelters (Home Stretch, Falls Church Winter Shelter, Shelter House, New Hope Housing, and Christ House. Thank you for your generosity in bringing joy to families in need of assistance.
The options for contributing are:
- Donate $25 cards for Giant, Safeway, Target, or Walmart stores
- Send a check payable to Saint James Catholic Church
- Write SOC gift card donation on memo line
Options for delivery:
- Place gift card or check in an envelope marked Social Outreach Gift Card Project
- Place the envelope in the collection basket
- Hand deliver to the Rectory Office
- Mail the envelope to Saint James Catholic Church at 905 Park Avenue, Falls Church, VA 22046
Parishioners can provide much needed holiday cheer by sponsoring a specified family and ensuring they have gifts and a special meal for Christmas. Many of these families were previously homeless and need to conserve their income for rent, food, and other necessities. Names of families in need are provided by social service agencies and parish networks.
To participate or find out more information, please call Mary Ann Parker at 703-321-6854 by Friday, December 8th.